Open Platform System (OPS)
Advanced spectroscopic multi-tool delivers high accuracy, high sensitivity precision measurements. Based on a building block system, config the spectrometer & light source on the optical plate in either 90- or 180-degree position to address your measurement need, be it fluorescence, absorption, reflectance or transmission.
OPS is ideal for industry or academic research, and particularly suitable for teaching students analytical chemistry applications of spectrophotometry.
- Fluorescence, absorption, reflectance and transmission measurements
- Liquid, solid or slurry samples
- Versatile optical plate easily mounts a selection of light sources, sample holders & spectrometers
- in either 90-degree or 180-degree configuration, allowing easy and quick changes without having to open, align, or calibrate components
- High accuracy, sensitivity and precision
- Rugged, reliable and high quality construction
- Extensible: All Flame-sized or larger OceanView spectrometers work with the Wilson OPS.
OPS comes with:
- Optically stabilized, long life, high-intensity output LED light source
- Liquid sample holder
- Solid sample holder
- Optical filters
- Choice of software
- Choice of spectrometers
- 110 V or 220 V power supply
- Optically stabilized, long life, high-intensity LED light sources, custom designed and manufactured by Wilson Analytical.
- Polychromatic light sources using white-light LED (400 – 850 nm) or high-output tungsten-halogen incandescent (380 – 2500 nm).
- Individual LED wavelengths available in: 365 nm (UV), 405 nm (violet), 450 nm (blue), or 525 nm (green). Other wavelengths are available by request.
All Flame-sized or larger OceanView spectrometers work with the Wilson OPS. They are available for purchase through Wilson Analytical, or existing OceanView units can be easily installed in the system. For advice on selecting the best spectrometer for your needs, refer to the product filter at Ocean Insight's (formerly Ocean Optics) Spectrometers page.
Other brands of small spectrometers may work, please contact us for further information.
Spectrometer slide mounts and customer interface cables are available for all compatible systems.
The three-optical-port cuvette holder ensures easy measurements of liquids whether in fluorescence, absorbance or transmission configuration.
The hinged, interlocked cap improves safety and spectral sensitivity. The port cap covers inactive ports to improve spectral sensitivity.
Anodized aluminum body and o-ringed sapphire windows in all optical ports ensure easy cleaning. The holder also has an integrated spill-recovery drain system.
The holder uses standard 10 mm square cuvettes and works with the Wilson Quick Release Optical Filter Holder.
The Solid Sampler is based on a rotating stage, which allows the user to test solids and liquids at various angles between the light source, sample and spectrometer.
The lid makes a light-tight seal around the sample, and both black (low internal reflection) and white (high internal reflection) versions are available. The lid is interlocked for safety and to improve spectral sensitivity.
Several different types of flat solid samples can be run:
- 13 mm cut solids or pressed powder pellets are held by the disk mount
- Microscope slides or similar are held in the open mount
Spectra are collected off of the front side of the sample through the 10 mm aperture in the mount.
Our offset cuvette holder is used for measurements taken directly off of the surface of the sample.
It is useful for materials such as dark liquids, slurries, and powders.
It can also be used for surface reflection or surface fluorescence analyses and for electrochemical measurements when reflection electrodes are placed close to the wall of the cuvette.
The inside of the Solid Sampler lid has three ports to let light in and out. Each port can hold a 12.5 mm optical filter or an attenuator.
Three different light attenuators are available:
- Disk A for no light transmission
- Disk B for low transmission
- Disk C for high light transmission
Output modification is easy using 12.5 mm diameter round filters held in our Original Filter Holder.
For those who switch out filters regularly try the new Quick Release Filter Holder.
OPS Setup and Configuration Videos
LightPilot is our own software, included with the OPS spectrometer system. It has three modes of operation that are demonstrated in the
Control Mode for creating & modifying calibration curves
Acquisition Mode for measuring samples
Review Mode to display, review, and print data
Additional Software Options include
Wilson Analytical warranties its instruments to be free of defects
due to manufacturing or workmanship for twelve months from the date of
The warranty covers normal usage, but not damage due to things like
dropping the instrument or immersing it in water. The warranty is also
invalidated if the user attempts internal repairs of any kind.
An extended warranty is available with purchase of any Wilson instrument.